The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Covid Response Support Assistant. This is a part-time position.
Description of Position:
This position will help the Athletics Department with a variety of tasks related to helping the department function during Covid-19, including the transportation of student-athletes and assisting with Athletics Covid testing.
- Assist with coordination and transportation of student-athletes to/from medical appointments and transportation of student-athletes to/from isolation housing.
Support the on-campus student-athlete testing effort with coordinating testing schedules, managing logistics of testing sites, running tests to labs and collecting results
- Reviewing weekly competition schedules, scheduling testing times, ensuring compliance and communicating to coaches.
- Work with visiting teams on testing procedures, timeframes, compliance, verification and on-site and off-site testing schedules and timeframes.
Support on-site testing labs managing intake, documenting and communicating results, running tests when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem-solving skills; multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications relevant to job duties.
- Detail oriented and ability to analyze multiple schedules.
- Valid US drivers license.
For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com. The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application to Eric Sickles at email@example.com
. For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com