*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
When applying, please indicate job #23901. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Business Office Assistant.
OVERVIEW:The Business Office Assistant position will assist in the processing of all Athletics’ procurement requests, reconciliation of the Department’s corporate card statements and preparing travel and entertainment reimbursements. The Business Office Assistant will develop skills in navigating the purchasing and reimbursement request process as well as learn about and help to enforce cost containment strategies, aid coaches and staff in maintaining their operating budgets, and reconcile all expenses and invoices associated with business travel & entertainment.
- Review all Athletics’ procurement requests – confirms requisition information is accurate, complete and complies with policy and funding requirements. Submits to Campus, and follow up to answer questions and get additional information if needed.
- Review all Athletics’ travel and entertainment reimbursement requests - verify receipts submitted, obtain necessary signatures, attach receipts, photocopy, submit to Campus, and follow up to answer questions and get additional information, if needed.
- Aid in monthly corporate card reconciliation process, including reviewing all transactions, verifying all receipts are turned in, obtaining any additional documentation or approvals, and conducting follow-up as needed.
- Learn and enforce proper purchasing and travel & entertainment policies.
- Assist with monitoring the return and reporting of advances in compliance with NCAA, Pac-12, Department, and UC policy.
- Maintain accurate records/files of all reimbursement requests, corporate card receipts and purchase requests.
- Communicate effectively with department staff, outside vendors, and other units on Campus to solicit required information.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated to work effectively and efficiently.
- High level of confidentiality.
- The ability to problem solve, multi-task, handle and prioritize a heavy workload, and perform under pressure.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or fulfilling final credits required to complete Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree candidate preferred.
- Understanding of procurement request software and requisition workflow.
- Working knowledge of financial processes, policies, and procedures.