In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. JOB ID 32491*
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
UC Berkeley’s University Health Services (UHS) is a comprehensive college health service providing fully accredited, primary medical care, counseling and psychological services, and innovative health promotion programs for students, faculty, and staff. UHS provides on-campus medical care and coordinates supplemental needs for off-campus care through a network of community specialists and hospitals. UHS manages the student health insurance and workers’ compensation insurance programs.
Cal Sports Medicine is a joint unit between UHS and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Cal Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Associate Team Physician who will work within the department’s Sports Medicine unit.
Direct Clinical Care Intercollegiate Athletics (50-90%)
- Serves as lead team physician for Cal Football, and other sports as assigned.
- Provide comprehensive sports medicine evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of illness and injuries for UC Berkeley intercollegiate athletes in sports medicine settings.
- Participate in providing physician coverage for sports medicine clinics, athletic training rooms, practices, events, pre-participation physicals, and other duties as assigned.
- Provides practice and competition coverage, including away events as assigned.
Direct Clinical Care University Health Services Clinics (10-50%)
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of illness and injuries for UC Berkeley students in areas of urgent care, primary care, and/or student health sports medicine specialty clinic.
- Expert level clinical skills in the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of commonly acquired athletic injuries and common medical conditions and illnesses seen in the collegiate student-athlete population.
- Education/TrainingBoard-certification in American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Primary Care specialty (strongly preferred), OR Board certification in other ABMS specialty with appropriate primary or urgent care training/experience.
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) for sports medicine, or eligible to sit for the CAQ exam.
- Education/TrainingFellowship training in Primary Care Sports Medicine (strongly preferred), or demonstration of equivalent broad-based experience.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Training and Experience strongly preferred.
- Regenerative Medicine Experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Sports Medicine experience practice preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of college-level football coverage experience preferred.
- Teaching experience with learners at the athletic trainer, medical school, residency or fellowship levels preferred.