The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a full-time Assistant Coach for our Lacrosse team.
Description of Position:
The Assistant Lacrosse Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Women’s Lacrosse program, including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, budget management, public speaking, and community/donor relations.
- Coaches team at practices and competitive events.
- Oversee academic and personal well-being of student-athletes.
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes.
- Collaborates with Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, and Athletic Performance Coach to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with budgeting, reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for sports program.
- Serve as key liaison to the broader Cal Lacrosse community, engaging in alumni, fund raising, and other key stakeholder activities.
- Innovative and thoughtful during practice planning sessions and strategy assessment
- Work with Hudl, Jumpforward and other software.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate level coaching experience, preferably at Division I level.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of NCAA and PAC12 Conference.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Hudl, Jumpforward
- Highly advanced and effective inter-personal, motivational, and team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills - must be able to work well with all athletic department staff, coaches and athletes.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com. The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.