In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the respective offensive or defensive coordinator (“Coordinator”) and Head Coach by coaching, mentoring, and developing cadet-athletes, and monitoring their academic progress while assisting with their scheduling, travel, discipline, and conduct. Also assists the Coordinator and Head Coach with recruiting, and other operational and administrative duties as assigned. All the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the United States Military Academy (“USMA”), Army West Point Athletics Association Inc. (“AWPAA”), the NCAA, and the Collegiate Sprint Football League (“CSFL”).
- The minimum education required to perform the above primary role of this position is a Bachelor’s degree.
- The minimum years of applicable and relevant work experience that would be necessary to effectively perform in the position is a position coach at the high school level or greater for a minimum of one year.
Well-versed in positions, plays, schemes, formations, and game plans
- Expert using HUDL
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite products
- Skill in operation of modern office machines, communication tools, equipment, computers, and relevant software
- Lead and instruct the personal and athletic development of the cadet-athletes
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and written
- Work with a variety of racial and ethnic groups and underrepresented populations
- Display the highest ethical standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse settings
- Research and resolve problems in a complex and unique work environment
- Organize workflow and coordinate activities
- Participate in evening and weekend commitments, as necessary
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must submit to a background check
USMA is renowned as the world’s preeminent leadership development institution. Located on the banks of the Hudson River in West Point, NY, it is approximately one hour from New York City. The mission of USMA is "to educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation as an officer in the United States Army." This position will be housed within the AWPAA, which is a non-profit corporation organized to manage and support the 30 intercollegiate athletic programs at the Academy. The AWPAA mission is to recruit, educate, train and inspire leaders of character who are committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country through an extraordinary NCAA Division I athletic experience.
AWPAA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.