In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position will be primarily responsible for actively selling inbound, retention and new business sales for full and partial seasons, as well as groups, group experiences, and premium tailgates while promoting the importance of A Club membership and its benefits. This position will monitor personal sales goals for each season and category with the aim of surpassing that goal. This position will continuously take part in personal and team sales development and training.
This position must provide an exceptional level of customer service from initial contact through post game/event follow to ensure repeat business and increase the likelihood of referrals.
This position also has a ticket operational component that includes managing all ticket operations, event, and box office staff for one or more winter sports (Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Men’s Lacrosse, or Women’s Lacrosse) and one partially ticket sport (wrestling or gymnastics).
Scope of Impact
The employee has daily interaction with a variety of United States Military Academy (“USMA”) stakeholders and serves Army West Point Athletics Association Inc.’s (“AWPAA”) External Operations and wider Army fanbase and community.
Level of Decision Making
This is a sales rep position. This position will continuously engage in daily sales efforts. All decisions will be made based on mission requirements, will align with both the AWPAA and USMA missions, will be in the best interest of the athletic department, and will adhere to all applicable rules and regulations. The Assistant Director, Ticket Sales position will play an integral role in the success of the AWPAA, the Ticket Sales Unit, and the External Operations area(s).
- Well organized
- Good time management skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to build relationships and connect with others
Revenue Generating (40%)
- Execute day to day sales efforts
- Inbound calls: focus on upselling and referrals
- Targeted sales campaign outbound calls and outreach
- Annual fund memberships
Ticket Operations (20%)
- Manage all ticket operations, events and box office staff for one winter, one spring, and one partially ticketed sport to include:
- Back office and online system build for the season
- Management of player guest tickets in conjunction with the compliance office
- Management of the game day box office and ticket scanning system
- Wrap up and archiving of all player guest and financial records from each event
- Management, build and execution of all post season events for assigned sports
Customer Experience (30%)
- Monitoring of personal book of business and team sales goals for each season and campaign
- Manage, track and develop growth in assigned book of business for each campaign, to include but not limited to:
- Full and partial season plans
- Groups and experiences
- Premium tailgates
Professional Development (10% )
- Continuously take part in personal and team sales development and training targeted to each unique campaign installation
- Continually monitor and study evolving best sales practices from relevant industries with a focus on growth and the customer experience
- Other duties assigned
Work Conditions & Physical Requirements
Perform duties in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Primary work environment is in an office setting. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 75% of the time and to lift up to 50 lbs. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer, printer, and phone. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers in-person, via email, and phone. Must be able withstand exposure to weather elements during outdoor events. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year of applicable relevant work experience
- MS Office 365
- Demonstrate good judgment and the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Team-First Approach & Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to Build and Maintain Relationships
- Excellent Organizational and Communication Skills
- Paciolan ticket software
- Salesforce CRM
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must submit to a background check
USMA is renowned as the world’s preeminent leadership development institution. Located on the banks of the Hudson River in West Point, NY, it is approximately one hour from New York City. The mission of USMA is "to educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation as an officer in the United States Army." This position will be housed within the AWPAA, which is a non-profit corporation organized to manage and support the 30 intercollegiate athletic programs at the Academy. The AWPAA mission is to recruit, educate, train and inspire leaders of character who are committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country through an extraordinary NCAA Division I athletic experience.
AWPAA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.