The Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Scoreboard and Timing System Technician. Work at a Division I College at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. This is a Full Time position with a flexible schedule and excellent benefits.
If you love sports, have computer experience, familiarity with Windows operating systems, and a desire to learn how to support Daktronics scoreboard and scoring systems, apply now!
You will be providing scoreboard and timing system support to Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation events.
This position provides support to the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) Athletic Department for NCAA Division I intercollegiate home competitive events. Position provides technical assistance and operations of electronic systems required for successful competition execution (such as all scoreboard systems, wireless microphones, public address systems, computer activated sound systems, swimming/track timing systems, etc.).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide on-site services including maintenance for all Daktronics systems and control equipment:
- Learn Daktronics products, control/scoring systems, and processes and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair these systems in a timely and quality-conscious manner.
- Complete hardware repairs using hand tools, multi-meter, and other troubleshooting equipment.
- Replace display modules, components, and power supplies at heights or by working from a ladder.
- Accurately meter AC & DC power and diagnose issues.
- Complete checkup and repair documentation such as logs, part return tags, checklists, and any other required documentation.
- Assist in maintaining the on-site spare parts inventory.
- Complete quality work in a timely manner and be able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Perform ‘pre-event’ equipment checks and repairs the day events will occur.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled events.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Pay Range: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Experience with Electronics Engineering Technology, Electronic Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Must be available for USAFA home athletic events, specifically: football, basketball, volleyball, hockey, track and field, gymnastics, swimming and diving, and other sports as required. (Includes nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Applicant must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must have ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Familiarity with operating electronic scoreboard systems.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a background investigation. Random drug testing is required.
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and a Local File Check (LFC) are required.
Participation in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program is a requirement for all full-time employees of the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation (AFAAC).
The AFAAC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that supports and manages all of the Air Force Academy's athletics fundraising programs while also providing assistance with coaching, recruiting, ticketing, logistics and sports conference objectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.