Job Title: Special Event Sales Manager
Job Location: 250 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Department: Special Events
Reports to: VP Marketing and Communications
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) operates the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park. The Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has secured its reputation as one of the nation’s most engaging and interactive experiences. The Hall of Fame’s mission is to educate, entertain, connect and inspire in a way that celebrates, honors and preserves the people, traditions and passions of college football.
The Special Events Sales Manager will be responsible for development and management of sales programs from lead generation to final contract negotiations and will work in tandem with the Event Operations team to ensure all client needs are fulfilled. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all functions within the events department, focusing specifically on soliciting business in the convention, corporate and social markets to increase and maximize revenue, as well as detailing and managing events.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
- Proactively solicit new business by making outbound sales calls and in-person presentations, attending relevant tradeshows and engaging in other client prospecting efforts to increase our database of prospective clients.
- Develop strong relationships within the event planning, production and promotion communities as well as other relevant companies, organizations and groups to generate new business leads.
- Stay on top of changes or developments within the special event industry.
- Work closely with Omni team to deliver seamless customer service to clients.
- Develop strong partnership with Event Operations team to ensure flawless execution.
- Build relationships and collaborate with internal teams including building operations, fan experience and marketing.
- Prepare required reports including overall revenue, P&L analysis for each event, recaps and sales forecasts.
- Proactively solicit feedback from each client/event to gauge overall satisfaction and performance and determine areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 4 years related event sales experience required – preferably within the Atlanta market
- Resourceful, innovative and proactive approach to sales
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations and events operation standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at any given time with competing deadlines Significant professional experience identifying, qualifying and cultivating major donors.
- Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and communicate with event operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet, database, CRM and word processing programs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required as you may be driving and using a company vehicle for various event responsibilities