TITLE: University NIL General Manager (University of Southern California)
REPORTS TO: Altius VP, Collegiate Partnerships and a designated USC Representative
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California. Please see anticipated designation below.
Purpose: The University NIL General Manager (the “GM”) will work with university stakeholders in the Athletics Department and Office of Athletic Compliance to oversee all operations surrounding the NIL programming at the designated university (see below) including, but not limited to, education programming, monitoring, and ensuring adherence to federal and state laws, as well as the policies of the designated university, conference, and NCAA. This position will be responsible for advancing NIL efforts for the designated university to ensure that university student-athletes have the tools, education, and resources necessary to maximize opportunities and navigate this new space.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the NIL program, conceptualizing and coordinating programming and resources.
- Serve as a resource on NIL-related matters for all relevant university stakeholders.
- In collaboration with university offices, oversee the implementation and regular review of university NIL policies and procedures.
- Manage NIL questions and requests from university stakeholders (e.g., athletes, coaches, staff, etc.) and external stakeholders (e.g., agencies, third parties, businesses, boosters, etc.).
- Assist Altius Account Executives with NIL education for all university and external stakeholders through key topics including industry trends and developments, NCAA compliance, personal branding, financial literacy, team culture and dynamics, how to evaluate opportunities, and more.
- Create and implement efficient and effective communication strategies to keep key university personnel abreast of the latest industry trends and developments.
- Coordinate regular meetings of university and campus stakeholders including but not limited to senior administrators, Athletic Compliance, student-athlete development, academic services, development and external relations.
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of NIL activities in compliance with university’s NIL policy and provide necessary reports as determined by the Office of Athletic Compliance.
- Stay updated on the latest NIL trends and best practices, including legislative advancements, NCAA regulations, and vendor landscape evolutions.
- Regularly participate in Altius meetings and discussions regarding evolving trends in collegiate athletics and best practices.
- Adapt role to maximize efficiencies as a result of evolving changes in NCAA rules and regulations.
- Provide regular reports to the Altius VP, Collegiate Partnerships and Account Executives and designated USC personnel or offices.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, both within organization, applicable university and other external entities.
- Satisfactorily perform role, including but not limited to, meeting requirements or expectations of the university where individual is assisting and/or performing work on behalf of Altius.
- This position will be designated to University of Southern California (“USC”). Further, it is expected that this role will require the individual provide the majority of duties and responsibilities on the designated university’s campus and/or within its facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.