In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are NBA GLeague’s back-to-back Franchise of the Year and we are hiring!
We are looking for a high-energy Sideline Reporter to handle the season’s home basketball games at Kaiser Permanente Arena. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Marketing.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position based in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Provide press releases from the Santa Cruz Warriors media team to cover, edit and upload to WordPress
- Pursue daily stories when relevant (may also be assigned)
- Interview industry professionals for feature profile pieces, Q&As, and for context and commentary pieces on current events impacting the basketball community
- Research and form questions for interviewees based on given topics and angles
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in journalism, preferably with basketball (professional, college or high schools teams) and comfortable covering press releases to serve a wide audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations of basketball and the NBA
- Excellent and engaging interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communications skills
- High energy, strong detail orientation and superior work ethic
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact positively with internal and external staff, fans, and clients
- Ability to remain professional around high-profile individuals
- Committed to work home games (November-March) and other events including nights, weekends and holidays
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment