About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for a high-energy and meticulous Scorekeeper to maintain the team’s 2019-20 game book. To succeed in this role, you will have a deep understanding of basketball and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If you love sports, entertainment and enjoy collaborating with multiple teams and partners, and are highly motivated, this role is your chance to improve your craft. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a part-time position located in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Execute pre-game setup, including rosters and referees, as well as starting lineup information
- Utilize your understanding of basketball to log consistently accurate points and fouls for both player and team, as well as time-outs and player eligibility
- Collaborate with statisticians and PA announcer to ensure accurate information inputting
- Implement player roster and player check-in, including game eligibility
- Interact with NBA G League players, coaching staff and referees/officials throughout the game
Required Skill and Experience
- Previous score keeping or record keeping experience with professional, college or high school teams strongly preferred
- Rapid and legible handwriting preferred
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations of basketball and the NBA
- Ability to communicate effectively, have good judgement and collaborate with teams in a positive manner
- Able to multitask and work well in a dynamic environment
- Committed to working home games (November-March) and other events (may involve nights, weekends and holidays)
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment.