In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking to hire part-time Pod Squad performers for the 2022-2023 basketball season. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to provide top quality fun and entertainment. The Pod Squad is responsible for providing in-game entertainment and a positive fan experience.
The position will be responsible for crowd interaction, live promotions, greeting fans, and prize giveaways. If you love sports, enjoy talking to others, and are highly self-motivated, this role is for you. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination (including booster, if eligible) will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This is a part-time position located onsite in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Perform at home games and community events
- Represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner at all times
- Build new entertainment for use at performances, including on-court skits/dances/stunts, in-stands interaction and improvisation
- Responsible for set-up, operation and tear down of all interactive elements of fan engagement
- Hand out premium items, interact with fans and communicate general information
- Keep all game props organized, in good condition and stored appropriately after each game
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate possess an exceptional level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity
- Ability to excite, motivate, and entertain a crowd; excellent sense of humor is very important
- Gymnastics and dance experience preferred
- Strong collaboration skills required
- Excellent ability to build rapport with others and to build strong interpersonal relationships
- You use good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be disciplined and demonstrate initiative
- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Pushing/pulling/carrying and lifting may include up to 50 lbs.
- Stair climbing and the ability to sit/turn/bend/stand for long periods of time
- You must be able to work the majority of home games – 24 regular season games and play-offs
- 4 hour shifts on game days, typically 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment