About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for an upbeat and dedicated Manager, Game Operations. In this role, you will support the President through a variety of responsibilities tied to game presentation, facilities management, and event planning and execution.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Lead all aspects of game day presentation and fan interaction, both inside and outside Kaiser Permanente Arena
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-arena entertainment, including on-court promotions, video pieces and fan interactive elements
- Collaborate with Marketing and Corporate Partnerships teams to ensure all client fulfillment is incorporated in game presentation
- Lead all logistical aspects of the television and streaming broadcast of all SCW games
- Hire and lead part-time team members across multiple teams
- Manage arena, including functional elements and related events, including oversight of Facilities Coordinator and day to day operations for that role.
- Manage service contractors and third party vendors
- Act as internal liaison across departments for all arena projects and enhancements (i.e., projects related to basketball operations, arena branding and building upgrades)
- Collaborate across multiple departments to create all SCW hosted events (community facing, sponsor related, season ticket holder related)
- Plan, produce and execute the logistics behind all SCW and arena events, both large scale and smaller community focused events
- Conduct post event recap meetings to discus event execution and way to make events more successful in the future
- Work with community organizers on the proposals and expense projections for their potential events
- Explore potential arena event opportunities via forecasting financials to determine offer viability
- Act as main liaison to outside event promoters and producers
- Post event reconciliations
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization and community
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Available to maintain a flexible schedule as overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays may be required
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment