In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for a Director to lead our Partnerships team (sales and development functions) and manage integral partnership accounts for the organization. In this role, you will play a key role in the management team and lead initiatives focused on revenue, client satisfaction, activation, professional development, etc. To be successful, you will need solid corporate partnership experience, strong leadership skills and a history of hitting sales targets. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer, Santa Cruz.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based onsite in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Manager the Partnerships team with oversite of both existing and new corporate partner relationships and revenue
- Oversee resource allocation, personnel management, and daily department administration
- Achieve sponsorship department revenue goals as assigned and increase the sale of fully integrated sponsorships in all major categories; contribute to and achieve corporate and department management objectives
- Develop and lead the partnership renewal process; meet and exceed department goals
- Act as a liaison to the Golden State Warriors Partnerships team to generate ideas and pathways towards multi-property partnerships
- Provide information on inventory, product strategy, and more to grow multi-property partnerships
- Execute partner activations and promotions for key accounts as assigned, including planning, implementation, and handling game day requests
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Community Relations to establish partnership programs and integrated campaigns; implement development strategies to continually engage partners in our business
- Build and sustain strong partner relationships
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of corporate sponsorship and/or account management experience, ideally in the sports industry; 3 years of sales experience
- Basic understanding of social media marketing and the digital space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to attend home games and special events as needed (i.e., evenings and weekends)
- $80,000 + Bonus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Employer 401K match
- Vacation, Summer Half-Day Fridays and a generous paid time off plan for pregnancy and parental leaves
- Warriors home tickets, team store discount and more!
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment