About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for our first Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to play a key role in the continued development of our DEI strategy across the organization. In this role, you will develop, implement and track the progress of ongoing initiatives that aid in building an inclusive culture and workplace. The ideal candidate has excellent program management skills and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of employees, departments, leadership teams, and external organizations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, People & Culture.
The Warriors’ show our support for DEI in four different ways:
Voice: Brand policy, social media amplification and public relations support
Feet: Voter and civic engagement, advocacy, and supporting protests and demonstrations
Heart: Bay Area community and employee support and engagement
Wallet: Deploying philanthropic and business funds in support of minority-owned enterprises and non-profits focused on equity
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco CA.
- Act as subject matter expert and leader in the design, execution and measurement of GSW’s DEI strategy
- Provide consultation to leaders across the organization to create business unit-specific DEI strategies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to develop strategic recruiting and sourcing programs that strengthen our employer brand and attract diverse talent communities
- Partner to align organization’s external and internal DEI efforts; work closely with departments (e.g., community relations, public affairs, Warriors Community Foundation, corporate partnerships, group sales, procurement, etc.)
- Strategically align with external organizations to augment our DEI strategy and create authentic and innovative partnerships
- Keep pulse on local sociopolitical landscape and help the organization proactively plan and react to changes therein
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop effective benchmarks and metrics for measuring and assessing DEI program impact
- Plan and communicate key DEI and anti-racism activities, trainings and events, report progress and metrics to executive team and organization
- Lead and facilitate DEI Council meetings; track subcommittee deliverables and ensure goals align with business
- Create and lead new DEI programs and processes (e.g., learning & development, mentorship, internship, etc.)
- Lead sourcing, development and delivery of DEI training
- Partner with Employee Resource Groups to promote inclusion within business and talent processes
- Identify external market trends and implement standard methodologies
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree is a plus
- 10 years designing and implementing scalable HR, recruiting and/or DEI programs
- Solid understanding of DEI foundations, principles and standards; experience identifying and developing/implementing DEI training programs
- Ability to articulate a strategic vision and drive cross-functional teams to deliver results; ability to translate data into narratives that drive decision-making
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with team members across the organization, as well as external partners and community organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in HRIS, ATS, CRM and related platforms
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and lead through change
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment