We are seeking a dynamic and high energy individual to be our Strategic Sourcing Manager at Golden State Warriors and Chase Center. In this role, you are primarily responsible for developing and executing all aspects of our Sourcing and Procurement business plan in collaboration with our business partners which supports the overall business strategy of the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct detailed market research to assess sourcing opportunities
- Lead supplier engagement processes including conducting vendor due diligence, RFx, negotiations and vendor management across a variety of categories – with a focus on indirect categories such as Marketing, IT and Facilities
- Assist in the development of award scenarios and recommendations for partners evaluation, consideration and decision-making
- Work with business owners to develop accurate scopes of work, including gathering product and service specifications
- Support business owners in navigating downstream processes such as working with Legal through the contracting process and Accounting to ensure accurate collection of costs and timely payment of suppliers
- Support the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives. Those objectives may include savings, operational improvement, supplier consolidation or diversification, risk management or improving spend visibility
- Support the development of preferred supplier programs and work with business owners to transition the business
- Work with business owners to develop and implement supplier management programs to ensure continuous improvement and monitoring
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably with an analytical focus (Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Supply Chain, etc) or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 8 years of growing experience in strategic sourcing, vendor management and/or supply chain.
- Thrive in a growing environment with the ability to handle several tasks at a time.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, contracting and negotiating with executives from suppliers
- Dedicated and committed for driving cost savings and improvement in execution
- Strong customer service aptitude and collaboration-focused mindset
- Strong Excel and analytics skills
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills with the ability to build positive relationships with clients and partners
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment