About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a Sr. Accountant to play an integral role on the finance and business operations team. In this role, you will have a broad range of duties including various aspects of monthly close and general ledger responsibilities. To be successful, you will need to be a self-starter and possess impeccable attention to detail, strong financial savvy, high aptitude for technology and financial systems and a strong desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Manager, Revenue Accounting.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Provide frontline contract review and documentation with primary focus on revenue recognition
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet and cash reconciliations to ensure company assets and liabilities are properly accounted for accurately and completely
- Participate in the month-end close process, perform monthly duties assigned to facilitate timely close, including reporting
- Perform accounting research and produce documentation to support the adoption of new accounting pronouncements and policy decisions; experience with ASC 606 preferred
- Provide input to ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy
- Assist Revenue Accounting Manager in preparation of audit requests as needed
- Participate and/or lead projects as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of accounting or audit experience; Big Four CPA preferred
- Highly service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of revenue accounting, including ASC 606. Previous adoption experience considered a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.); experience with ERP accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex and confidential financial information in a professional manner
- Flexibility with changing priorities; ability to organize, prioritize and handle workload
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to build positive working relationships with team members across the organization
- Curiosity, tenacity and attention to detail and process
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment