About the Position
We are looking for a Sr. Settlement Accountant to be an integral contributor to the finance and business operations of Chase Center. In this role, you will work with our Event Services team and event promoters to ensure all parties are aligned on the financials of all events. Additional duties include various aspects of monthly close and general ledger, process design and implementation, and other projects. This position reports to the Controller.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Assist in the development of the event settlement process
- Coordinate with Chase Center’s Event Booking, Event Services, and Box Office teams, as well as external parties, to ensure an accurate and timely event settlement process
- Ensure revenue and costs are tracked to the appropriate event code; Compile profit and loss for each event and other reporting as needed
- Lead all month-end close processes, including preparation and/or review, as appropriate, of all monthly journal entries, revenue recognition, and all account reconciliations associated with the Chase Center’s non-basketball business
- Partner with Controller for seamless sharing of information to facilitate reporting to the NBA
- Provide frontline contract review and documentation
- Identify and develop reporting and help establish and track key metrics
- Assist/own in the preparation of audit requests as needed
- Participate and/or lead projects as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with ERP accounting software including the underlying process, preferably NetSuite
- General understanding and ability to detail accounting principles, procedures and internal controls
- Ability to call out any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures to management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Long hours sometimes required including late nights/overnight shifts
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment