About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a Senior Manager, Motion Graphics to create and design motion graphics and animations for Warriors Studio Productions. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to create visual stories across web, digital and in-arena platforms that is attractive, sharable, and entertaining to our fan base. In this role, you will lead and manage a small team of motion designers to bring their narratives to life through a wide range of marketing campaigns, in-arena platforms, documentaries, social media videos, and game highlights. Additionally, you will collaborate with all Marketing & Digital groups as well as our internal customers: PR, Sponsorship, Events, Community Relations, and Game Entertainment to help deliver quality content. This position reports to the Director, Chase Center Productions.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Design and animate dynamic 2D and 3D motion graphic content (e.g., in-game videos and crowd prompts, LEDs, IPTV, social videos/graphics, front/back end graphics, lower thirds, logo animation and brand themes/initiatives) for social, in-game and promotional use
- Lead a team of motion graphics designers and ensure all work meets Warriors brand standards and guidelines; manage workflows and assign projects to the Motion Graphics team, ensuring timely delivery
- Partner closely with the design team to help bring static design to life with motion and animation
- Collaborate with the Studio team made up of shooters, editors and producers to conceive and create motion graphic elements that enhance the overall product
- Create and maintain graphic element packages for Warriors Studio
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud and Cinema 4D to create motion graphics and animations for team productions
- Proactively contribute creative ideas while demonstrating a desire to push designs/animations to the next level
- Intertwine video with motion graphics and animation to create immersive and entertaining content that stays true to the Warriors Brand.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Video Production/Graphic Design/Art Design, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion/editing experience; 1-2 years of people management experience
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premiere; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in Cinema 4D and 3D motion concepts and character animation; Knowledge and understanding of various video codecs and file formats
- Passion for storytelling and sports; desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance the GSW brand
- Accomplished at concept and storyboard design, utilizing current trends in motion graphic design
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects for the Motion Design team in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work nontraditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Candidates must have a demo reel that demonstrates motion design experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment