About the Position
The Golden State Warriors and Chase Center are looking for a Payroll Director to lead the administration and operational effectiveness of the department. In this role, you will manage payroll processes and procedures including taxes and Finance requests regarding payroll payments. You will also design short and long-term strategies for continuous improvement while adhering to payment deadlines, responding to inquiries, checking for accuracy of payments and accruals and ensuring the integrity and timeliness of the payroll GL process. This position reports to the Controller.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Develop and prepare general ledger reconciliation reports summarizing payroll, commissions, bonus payments, deductions, withholdings, etc. to other third party instruments i.e. ADP, IRS Form 941
- Stay on top of industry trends to ensure compliance with company policies and federal, state and local government regulations and reporting requirements and ensure payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local tax laws
- Work with ADP and internal departments to implement new and changing requirements by both the government and company and ensure that all payroll administration and accounting processes are regularly evaluated to be a streamlined and efficient as possible
- Promptly execute all post-processing audits to validate payroll accuracy and make any necessary adjustments with the goal of an error-free payroll
- Work with People Operations and IT as necessary to manage the implementation and maintenance of payroll and payroll related systems and oversee all functionality of time and attendance software application
- Provide expert advice and counsel on payroll issues ensuring that matters are addressed and resolved expeditiously
- Research and setup new tax jurisdictions for payroll tax filing
- Manage and coordinate 401(K) and pension funding requests with Benefits Manager to ensure timely and accurate general ledger postings to the business and team member accounts
- Provide annual workers’ compensation data to third party vendor for testing to ensure proper coding of class codes and appropriate controls are being followed and accuracy of reporting
- Prepare payroll related financial reports as requested by management
- Serve as key resource for payroll preparation/inquiries during all annual audits
- Coordinate year end W-2 processing; ensure accurate and complete preparation of W-2/W-2c forms
- Create training and development opportunities for payroll staff
- Setup user security, train employees and managers on the self-service tools and application
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- CPP certification preferred
- 7 years of progressive payroll administration experience
- Experience working with time & attendance, payroll and HRIS systems, ADP Workforce Now, ADP PayXpert, ADP Reporting, UKG-Kronos
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience resolving complex payroll matters, evaluating risks, analyzing possible outcomes and making fact-based decisions
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll best practices, payroll regulations (FLSA), multi-state wage/tax law, record keeping/administration, taxable and nontaxable expenses and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to interpret complex personal service contracts and collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive human resources and payroll information
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment