About the Position
The Chase Center is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Manager, Custodial Operations to work in collaboration with our contracted custodial services team. In this role, you will be a leader in developing the protocols to achieve the highest standard of cleanliness within the Chase Center. Your responsibilities will include budgeting, assisting in capital project development, and the creation of operational checklists and standard operating procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Work in conjunction with the contracted custodial services team to ensure venue cleanliness for all daily, pre-event, event, and post-event time frames
- Consistently maintain a spotless venue and provide a positive experience to all Chase Center guests, employees, performers and clients
- Assist with developing and managing the custodial operations budget
- Create, manage, and continually update the checklist and standard operating procedure documentation program for custodial operations
- Assist with developing, budgeting, and managing short-term and long-term capital projects
- Coordinate back of house event related operations, including planning and execution of a wide variety of sports and entertainment events for Chase Center and the surrounding complex
- Work with the Event Services team to ensure each event’s building needs are met and staffed within budget
- Collaborate with internal and external clients with regards to event and non-event sponsorship activations
- Work closely with the CMMS work order system administrator to ensure preventative maintenance and building repairs are performed and documented in a timely manner
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems, complaints, and emergency repairs in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor outside contractor personnel to ensure that work is performed up to job specifications and Chase Center standards
- Ensure a safe working environment for all custodial employees, including the development of a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all Cal OSHA and local safety regulations
- Assist all internal departments, vendors, and clients as assigned
- Assist with coordinating and developing sustainability programs, plans, and initiatives for Chase Center
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of growing experience relating to custodial operations, preferably in an arena or stadium
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory management experience
- Experience in arena or stadium event production, setup, and conversions, to include basketball, concerts, family shows, hockey, and a variety of corporate functions
- Experience in the development and management of operating and event-related custodial budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required; proficiency in CAD software preferred
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Solid knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide continuous improvement criticism to staff helping us build a safe environment and build a high-performance team.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- On-call 24/7 as needed and based on Chase Center events and other activities with the flexibility to work nights, weekend and holidays
- Committed to providing extraordinary service and dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials (60%)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Requires extensive use of hands; ability to reach over, bend and extend hands (70%)
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, etc. (65%)
- Work in varying temperature environments (internal and external parts of the building)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment