About the Position
The Warriors are looking for a Manager, Partnership Sales to generate and develop sponsorship sales revenue for the organization. In this position, you will be an integral contributor in driving new partnership initiatives within this core segment of our business. To be successful, it is critical that you have business development and revenue generation experience within the sports and entertainment industry along with a history of exceeding sales goals.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting organization that values your initiative, creativity and commitment.
This is a full-time position and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals as assigned and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorship packages across multiple properties, including: Golden State Warriors (NBA), Golden Guardians and Warriors Gaming Squad (Esports), Santa Cruz Warriors (NBA G League), etc.
- Build our Corporate Partnership relationships by executing against short-term and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Achieve corporate and department management objectives by interfacing and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Participate in sales meetings and lead presentations on a regular basis; represent the Warriors' best interests in partner contract negotiations with input from cross functional team members
- Research, identify and track sponsorship prospects and organizations, regionally and nationally, within key industries
- Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales-related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment status, and sponsor interaction
- Team with Partnership Activation team to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business/sports management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and business development, ideally within the sports and entertainment industry
- Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plan and presentations, promotional campaigns, and proposals
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and build relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Commitment to integrity with extensive experience in contract negotiation, strategic relationship building, campaign measurement data and analytics; creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong internal drive and work ethic; willing to go above and beyond to deliver results
- Minimal travel; ability to attend and work Golden State Warriors home games and other special events
The Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about the organization and our values? Visit www.warriors.com/employment