About this Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for an HR professional to assist with labor relations and employee relations matters. In this role, you will gather, collect and maintain documents and records required for contract and policy development, investigations and negotiations. Under supervision, you will conduct in-depth intakes with employees to assist in workplace investigation and collect and analyze employee concerns. This position reports to the Senior Director, People Operations.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Handle routine labor relations and employee relations inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; escalate matters accordingly to management
- Serve as the initial contact for intake and assessment of employee concerns; assists People Operations team with triage
- Conduct initial interviews and gathers information regarding harassment allegations, discrimination, work complaints, or other concerns; inform People Operations staff when further investigation is required
- Develop positive relationships with departments across the organization to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement
- Assist with recordkeeping related to hiring, termination, leave, transfer, and promotion, particularly as related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and diversity initiatives
- Collects data to assess cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes, including management/union proposals, pay scales, wages, benefits, working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances
- Collect and organize survey data, interviews, and other research related to policies, compensation, and labor negotiations; report results to Sr. Director, People Operations
- Maintains a high level of understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations, and human resources
- Assists with preparation of EEO-1 reports, affirmative action plans, org charts, labor agreements, employee handbooks, as well as documents required for contract negotiation meetings with employee and labor organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Labor Relations, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional human resource administration; experience in employee relations preferred; PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detailed understanding of CA employment laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and union contract negotiations
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential, sensitive information and/or documents, including information related to collective bargaining
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment