About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team to support the growth of the business. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter with incredible attention to detail, financial acumen, aptitude for technology, and a desire to work is a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to partner closely with the Director of FP&A, the finance team and other department partners to provide financial reporting, build financial forecasts, and perform various ad hoc analysis. We believe that passion, teamwork and dedication is what makes a team successful.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drives for results.
This full-time position is located in Oakland, CA and will relocate to San Francisco, CA.
- Support the annual financial planning process, including the development of robust revenue, expense and cash forecast assumptions
- Collaborate with department heads to obtain business insights to be incorporated into the rolling forecast
- Put together monthly reporting of actuals and variance analysis to department heads
- Assist in preparation of monthly reporting package and financial analytics for senior management
- Drive quarterly forecast and reporting to league and external parties
- Maintain financial assumptions and working model in Adaptive Planning tool
- Collaborate with Accounting team to review financial data and propose adjustments
- Complete ad-hoc scenario analysis using the business’ forecasting model
Required Skill and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience with reporting and forecasting in an FP&A environment
- Familiarity with general accounting principles (e.g. validating accruals/re-class activity)
- You will be a highly motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to capture and analyze financial and operational data to develop projections and forecast
- Experience using financial reporting systems (NetSuite) and/or financial planning systems (Adaptive Planning)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in PowerPoint and Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, if/then statements, etc.)
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment