About the Position
The Golden State Warriors and Chase Center are looking for a high-energy and dedicated Entertainment Reporter/Host who will serve as the main personality for Warriors home games, executing live promotions, interviews and acting as the in-venue co-host during home games. You will have the opportunity to utilize your basketball and sports knowledge to drive fan engagement and make an impact on game days. You will collaborate with leaders to provide a world-class experience to all Chase Center guests, employees, performers, and clients. If you love sports, enjoy talking with people, and are highly motivated, this is your chance to improve your craft.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a part-time position located in Oakland and will relocate to San Francisco.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact for in-arena personality for all preseason, regular season, and playoff home games
- Execute all fan contests, promotions, video features, game and team news throughout the game
- Participate and host community and partner events such as open practice, fan fests and other partner requests
- Craft strong relationships with the local community by providing accurate updates and engage with fans throughout a game day
- Demonstrate an energetic personality and display a strong on-camera presence to connect with fans, basketball operations, players and celebrity guests
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 or more years of announcing/reporting/hosting experience (game presentation experience is a plus)
- Deep understanding of NBA history, basketball rules and regulations, most importantly Bay Area and Warriors history and current events
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to be flexible in high pressure situations and work in a dynamic and evolving role
- Additional duties and expectations may be added or changed to meet organization needs
Due Date: Interested candidates are required to apply by August 16, 2019
Delivery: Please submit cover letter, resume, performance reel (no longer than 2:45 minutes) and your Warriors story (written or video submission) to the links below
August 16th: Portfolios and Media Kits due
August 19th -30th: Anticipated interview and audition period
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment