About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a dynamic professional to direct all aspects of the Chase Center transportation and parking experience. To do this, you will need to collaborate with an extensive group of internal and external partners including GSW business leaders, clients, retail and office partners, city and state agencies, and the surrounding residential and business communities. We are excited about our move to Chase Center and need to make this critical hire to ensure we are providing an unparalleled experience to all clients, guests, and patrons of our 11-acre complex. Do you want to join us in building something new for the Bay Area? If so, then keep on reading!
As Director of Transportation & Parking, you will develop and implement strategies to effectively operate the on-site 950 space parking garage as well as partner with off-site surface lots and parking garage owners, operators, and aggregators to find opportunities for additional event parking requirements. It is imperative that you insure safe and efficient access for all modes of transportation, including private automobile, public transit, bicycle, walking, shuttles, taxi and transportation network companies (Uber and Lyft). Working closely with the VP of Security and COO, you will partner with various city agencies and third parties to execute the company’s obligations under the Transportation Management Plan (TMP). You will lead the pre-opening planning process and implementation to insure the project successfully executes on its obligations. You will also be expected to create budgets, manage revenue and expenses (including capital projects) and collaborate with the arena management team, office tenant and retailers as necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a full-time position and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the on-site garage including event, non-event, retail and office tower parking operations (including valet operations); work closely with union, non-union and administrative employees to ensure all parking operations are executed efficiently and successfully
- Identify, negotiate and coordinate usage of nearby parking resources (i.e. AT&T) and other parking lots and garages through owners, tenants, parking operators and aggregators
- Represent Chase Center at the Mission Bay/Ballpark Transportation Coordination Committee
- Lead project sponsor obligations in the Monitoring, Refinement and Performance Standard requirements under the TMP and all transportation related requirements in the project’s Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP)
- Implement Chase Center risk management program to ensure a safe workplace
- Develop and execute marketing, communications and incentive programs and coordinate with tenants and employees to support sustainable trip making to the event center collaborating with appropriate internal departments
- Develop and executive strategies regarding in-building, on-site and neighborhood communications for real time advisories of transportation system and event schedules
- Work with internal partners to integrate technology into smart phone applications and website to promote transit, allow for pre-purchase of parking, access to real-time transit information and suggest path of travel
- Partner with HR on employee public transit and parking strategies
- Collaborate with SF Bicycle Coalition to manage bicycle strategies including operation of bike valet
- Coordinate with SFMTA on developing incentives around use of public transportation
- Manage all revenue transactions including cash management and deposits
- Provide daily and event day vehicle traffic control management
- Manage third party service providers to insure stellar customer experience; identify and apply operating strategies to reduce friction points
- Create standard operating policies and procedures
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration or related field
- 5 years of experience in the parking industry with a minimum of 2 years of working knowledge of parking control systems
- People management experience required
- Experience working with security, event services, production, operations and finance departments preferred
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and other standard applications
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic work environment while meeting multiple conflicting deadlines
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with partners at all levels within the organization; ability to navigate inter-departmentally and achieve results
- Demonstrated confidence and decision-making abilities
- Available nights, weekend and holidays
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment