About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a sales leader to develop new sponsorship sales revenue across our Esports properties. As Director, Esports Partnerships, you will be expected to make a positive impact on the sales culture of the Partnerships team. This position reports to the Vice President, Partnerships.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Research, identify, and track sponsorship prospects regionally, nationally, and internationally within target industries and segments to sell fully integrated sponsorship packages across multiple Esports properties, including Golden Guardians (LoL NALCS) and Warriors Gaming Squad (NBA 2K)
- Prospect, pitch and close new sponsorship deals, as well as renewals, in support of individual and department revenue goals
- Develop key sales strategies and go-to-market initiatives to generate long term partnership revenue streams
- Oversee sales reporting and sponsorship prospect pipeline to ensure transparency into sales activity
- Build and lead an innovative, best-in-class partnership sales and development team that exceeds expectations
- Lead and direct ongoing sponsorship sales presentations with internal and external partners; develop positive relationships with prospects and clients to reach short and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Collaborate with Partnership Development and Partnership Insights teams to optimize cross platform sales and activation opportunities
- Provide weekly reporting of sales metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment, and relevant sponsor interaction
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years in sales and business development for a sports/entertainment company; ability to demonstrate consistent history of exceeding sales goals
- 2 years of people management experience
- Experience developing and selling fully integrated Esports sponsorship packages using a variety of assets (i.e., entitlement and naming rights, in-stream visibility, digital media, social media assets, etc.)
- Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plans and presentations, promotional campaigns, proposals and associated contract negotiations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to collaborate, influence and build positive relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to attend all applicable games and special events; minimal travel required
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment