About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a results-oriented sales leader to develop new sponsorship sales revenue across multiple properties, including: Golden State Warriors (NBA), Chase Center, Golden Guardians and Warriors Gaming Squad (eSports), Santa Cruz Warriors (NBA G League), etc. As Director, Partnerships, you will be expected to make a positive impact on the sales culture of the Partnerships team. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate Partnerships.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco CA.
- Research, identify, and track sponsorship prospects regionally, nationally, and internationally within target industries and segments
- Prospect, pitch and close new sponsorship deals in support of individual and department revenue goals across multiple properties
- Develop key sales strategies and go-to-market initiatives to generate long term partnership revenue streams
- Oversee sales reporting and sponsorship prospect pipeline to ensure transparency and organizational visibility into sales activity
- Build and lead an innovative, best-in-class partnership sales team that meets and exceeds organizational expectations
- Lead and direct ongoing sponsorship sales presentations with internal and external partners; develop positive relationships with prospects to execute against short and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Collaborate with Partnership Development and Partnership Insights teams to maximize cross-platform sales and activation opportunities
- Provide weekly reporting of sales metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment, and relevant sponsor interaction
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years in sales and business development role for a sports/entertainment company with 2 years supervisory management experience; able to demonstrate consistent history of exceeding sales goals
- Experience developing and selling fully integrated sponsorship packages utilizing a variety of assets including (i.e. entitlement and naming rights, in-venue visibility, digital media, broadcast media, social media assets, etc.)
- Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plans and presentations, promotional campaigns, proposals and associated contract negotiations
- Strong internal drive and work ethic; willing to go above and beyond to deliver for the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to collaborate, influence and build positive relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to attend all Warriors home games and special events; minimal travel also required
Register for our webinar on April 1, 2021, 4:00 - 5:00pm PST to learn more about this position and other revenue-generating roles: Behind the Scenes: Revenue Roles at GSW
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment