About the Position
We are looking for dynamic leader to manage and supervise teams of 24-hour security personnel while overseeing CCTV and access control operations during three daily shifts at Chase Center and the surrounding 11-acre complex. In this position, you will collaborate with an extensive group of internal and external partners, including our guests, clients, facility operations, law enforcement agencies, and our retail and office tenants. We are excited about our new arena and need to build our security team to ensure we are providing an unparalleled experience to our fans and clients. This position reports to the Director, Building Security.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization which values your initiative, creativity and dedication. Do you have a passion for providing protective services? Are you interested in creating something new for the Bay Area? If so, then we want you to hear from you!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Qualified candidates will be invited for an onsite interview in Oakland, CA on June 8, 2019. Priorities will be given to candidates who are able to be interviewed on June 8 and apply prior to June 7, however, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- Responsible for safety and security of Chase Center and plaza
- Supervise 24-hour building security officers and CCTV operations and access control during shift
- Operate and monitor all CCTV and access control systems/applications within the primary/fire command center in an efficient manner, ensuring that all work performed follows departmental operating practices/procedures
- Lead weekly event security briefings with security staff
- Run access control reports when necessary
- Assist the human resources department with the review of recorded data
- Research and maintain expertise in the latest electronic security measures
- Identify technologies that will assist the event operations department in meeting its goals and reduce annual operating expenses
- Assist in the hiring and training security staff required Chase Center
- Monitor and review cameras and digital recording units
- Conduct interior and exterior building patrols and on the spot post inspections ensuring staff is adhering to policy and standards
- Ensure that building access is maintained and secured at all times
- Assist with all event and Golden State Warriors security needs as required in the arena
- Responsible for all administrative documentation including reports, disciplinary notes and log entries
- Lead, train, motivate and evaluate security staff during events
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and review the workplan for the security department and all other assigned programs and functions; meet with staff on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on security experience, plus 1-2 years of supervisory experience; strong preference for experience in the sports industry and/or entertainment industry
- Possess all appropriate security licenses required by state
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete written reports and correspondence
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak effectively to large groups of customers, partners, and community organizations
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment