About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant to contribute to the organization's finance and business operations. For this role, we are looking for a self-starter with incredible attention to detail, financial acumen, aptitude for technology, and a desire to work within a dynamic environment. Does this sound like you? If so, you will lead various aspects of the monthly close process and general ledger as designated by the Accounting Operations Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a full-time position and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet and cash reconciliations to ensure company assets and liabilities are properly accounted for
- Lead all aspects of fixed asset tracking approval and classification
- Maintain backup for commission calculations including forecast, accrual, and commission statements
- Participate in the month-end close process, including reporting
- Complete OPEX reviews as necessary to determine appropriate treatment of transactions
- Assist the Accounting Operations Manager in preparation of audit requests as needed
- Perform special research and projects for the general ledger as required
- Prepare reports as requested on an ad-hoc basis
- Analyze current company accounting policies and procedures; make recommendations to improve processes
- Make recommendations on accounting procedures derived from new lines of business and ventures; Implement and document policies as needed
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in an accounting related role
- Experience with general ledger, journal entry preparation, monthly/annual close processes
- Knowledge of accounting principles/practices, internal controls, and variance analysis
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex and confidential financial information in a professional manner
- Flexibility with changing priorities; ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload
- Strong social skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Substantial experience with ERP accounting software (preferably NetSuite)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Experience creating statement of cash flows for month-end reporting package
- Fixed asset/depreciation module experience
- Commission accounting and general understanding of payroll accounting processes
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment