We are seeking a dynamic and high energy individual to be our Accounts Payable Specialist at Golden State Warriors. You will work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate account coding and fund allocations, as well as accounts payable reconciliations for the month-end and year-end closing process. This position required to cooperate with and support other account staff and departments.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
We believe that partnership, passion, and dedication is what makes the team successful. If your experience matches our search, apply now and get the chance to join a highly motivated team and play a key role in the preparation and planning for the opening of the new Chase Center Arena in 2019.
This is a full-time position based in Oakland and will relocate to San Francisco on or before the last quarter of 2019
- Ability to organize and process a high volume of invoices (no less than 60/day)
- Perform weekly vendor payment runs (check, EFT & CC) and close out invoices paid by wire or ACH
- Review / Analyze open Purchase Orders / Requisitions. Prepare month end accruals (proficiency in pivot tables and v-lookups) to ensure spend captured in appropriate period
- Verify discrepancies and resolve vendor billing issues; Maintain vendor relationships
- Assist in on-boarding vendors in newly implemented Purchase Order System (Coupa) supplier portal
- Prepare and track various AP reporting metrics for management
- Prepare various journal entries as needed using NetSuite
- Perform month end account reconciliations
- Assists in the evolution of AP policies & procedures
- Ad-hoc reporting as assigned
- Works in conjunction with another AP Specialist
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in accounting or business administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable position or equivalent experience
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for areas of responsibility and related results
- Be well organized, detail-oriented; able to handle multiple tasks/priorities with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills; communicate open issues, propose resolutions, and keep management well-informed of issues in a timely manner
- Strong customer service aptitude and collaboration-focused mindset
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced excel proficiency
- Knowledge in business software programs such as Coupa, NetSuite & Concur a plus; ability to train internal staff on various subledger tools required
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.