In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee the day-to-day accounting functions and prepare all financial reporting for the Warriors Community Foundation. In this role, you will prepare account reconciliations and all Foundation financial reporting (accounts payable and accounts receivable will be a shared service with GSW). Additionally, you will ensure the Foundation has the procedures in place to support effective operational excellence that results in flawless audits. You will work closely with the Foundation's Executive Director and staff and present financial reports and findings to the Board. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based onsite in San Francisco.
- Create and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for the Foundation
- Review Foundation ledger, including all transactions initiated by the shared services accounting department (A/P and A/R), ensuring activity aligns with department's goals and objectives
- Oversee all Foundation accounts and ledger ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Partner with GSW Senior Accounting Manager and Payroll to review and payroll
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain the Community Foundation chart of accounts
- Ensure proper documentation of donations/grants received and funds granted
- Prepare timely and complete financial statements as part of monthly close process
- Coordinate the preparation of the company’s audited financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of Foundation operations
- Support the budget and forecasting process with Executive Director and FP&A
- Provide for a system of Foundation Board cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments and contract negotiations
- Coordinate all tax planning activity including the planning and provision of information to all external auditors, tax advisors and reporting agencies
- Ensure compliance with any local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, including preparing financial statements for a non-profit organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.); proficiency in mid-size ERP system such as NetSuite is a plus
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, financial analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and payroll
- Ability and to translate complex financial concepts to colleagues across the organization, including finance and non-finance managers
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Proactive and confident in identifying problems and solutions; tenacity and attention to detail and process
- Ability to efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- $119,000 - 126,000
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Employer 401K match
- Vacation, Summer Half-Day Fridays and a generous paid time off plan for pregnancy and parental leaves
- Warriors home tickets, team store discount and more!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment