About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a Technical Director to operate the Ross Acuity production switcher during all Warriors home games. In this role, you will coordinate all video signals in and out of the switcher including routing, macro/salvo building, monitor wall configurations, and secondary show setup. In addition, you will assist with ingesting content being triggered by the switcher. This position reports to the Director, Scoreboard Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination may be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Ensure the primary and secondary video switcher controllers are properly configured and ready for every Warriors home game
- Operate the primary Ross Acuity production switcher live on game days
- Maintain all communications between switcher and external devices such as graphics systems and video playback machines
- Train production assistants and other part-time employees on the basic operation of the secondary switcher panel, currently used to feed our IPTV system and Plaza display
- Maintain library of switcher configuration files to ensure all settings are properly backed up
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and escalate larger issues with engineering staff and product vendors
- Work with engineering staff to confirm all technical aspects of production are show ready.
- Develop and maintain switcher SOPs and technical documentation
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required to support new and existing technologies and customer offerings
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3 years in technical directing live sports productions for both Television and Scoreboard shows
- Strong background in control room production equipment including graphics and video replay systems
- Experience with configuration and operation of Ross Mosaic and Dashboard interface
- Proficiency in Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Acute attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with superior attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to extend one’s arm(s) in any direction, including repetitive motion of body and/or its parts
- Committed to work all Warriors homes games (i.e., preseason, season, and playoffs)
- Non-traditional hours according to the Warriors home game schedule (days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Typical game nights:
- Available for other events, maintenance days and training opportunities as they arise
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment