About the Position
Chase Center and the Golden State Warriors are looking for a dedicated and organized Manager to join our Transportation and Parking team. In this role, you will oversee the daily coordination of our parking program, including Warriors home games and live events at Chase Center. This position supervises junior staff and reports to the Sr. Director, Transportation.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Oversee junior level-position/s who coordinate day-to-day parking operations (employees and visitors) at the Mercedes Benz Garage, as well as the 450 South Street garage adjacent to Chase Center and any other garages from wherein we will operate
- On large event days including GSW home games and concerts, lead all aspects of operations, including:
- Create 3rd party parking operator staffing plans
- Lead a team of coordinators, valets, cashiers, traffic controllers, and/or supervisors
- Manage pre-sold inventory and on-site sales
- Generate post-event notes and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ensure accounting is accurate and conduct checks/balances
- Conduct daily and event-based revenue reporting to facilitate compliance with monthly parking tax filings, generate P&L statements, and support Sr Director's annual budget forecasting
- Create and implement effective signage within the Mercedes Benz Garage, as well as an external signage plan with moveable assets for event days
- Work internally to maintain high-quality communications with employees, visitors and event attendees regarding garage access and alternative parking options
- Formulate and implement strategies to increase garage utilization during non-event days
- Maintain frequent communication with other departments, private contractors, City of San Francisco agencies, and regional transportation agencies
- Observe and report all surrounding construction/street closure information that impacts transportation operations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 2 years face-to-face customer service experience in a parking garage setting coordinating daily operations for a variety of users (employees, visitors, events, valet, ADA, EV, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with SkiData, Parkhub, and other parking-related devices/software
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, including clarity and brevity when producing and analyzing reports
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to sit for extended periods, walk long distances, and push/pull/carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment