About this Position
We are looking for a Director, Engineering to lead all aspects of the physical plant, including the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire and life safety, and building automation systems at the Chase Center. In this role, you will lead the recruiting and training of all engineers and have direct oversight to the department's operating budget. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Operations.
Are you ready to be part of a growing sports and entertainment organization? This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting organization that values your initiative, creativity and commitment.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Hire, train, and lead all arena engineering staff involved in operating, monitoring, repairing, and maintaining the facility’s lighting systems, HVAC system, fire system, electrical distribution, emergency power, and other building systems
- Assist with developing and handling the operating budget for the engineering department, including the management of short-term and long-term capital projects
- Develop and administer a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all Chase Center MEPF systems
- Work closely with the CMMS work order system administrator to ensure preventative maintenance and building repairs are performed and documented
- Work with the Event Services department to ensure that each event’s building needs are met and staffed accordingly
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems, complaints, and emergency repairs
- Directly monitor outside contractor personnel making sure that work is performed up to job specifications standards
- Assist with the creation of standard operating procedure manuals for the maintenance of all building systems
- Develop and lead the arena’s energy management program to include training and implementation of energy saving initiatives
- Work with vendors to coordinate, schedule, and administer service contracts for all Chase Center MEPF systems
- Lead the maintenance, operation, and storage of purchased and leased equipment
- Conduct periodic engineering department meetings to discuss procedures, problems, and policy changes; participate in periodic budget reviews and analysis
- Ensure a safe working environment for all engineering staff, including the development of a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all Cal OSHA and local safety laws
- Act as main point of contact with 3rd party engineering staffing vendor
- Assist all internal departments, vendors, and clients as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in facility management, preferably within a multipurpose sports arena
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory management experience, preferably within a union environment
- Experience in the development and management of operating and event-related budgets
- Technical expertise in areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire and life safety, building automation systems, and general facility maintenance
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a dynamic, time sensitive environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with the SFFD, clients, employees, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment