About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a dynamic leader to direct all aspects of security for the Chase Center and surrounding complex. In this role, you will lead a large team handling building (physical) and tenant security and technology. The position requires collaborating with an extensive group of partners including our guests, clients, facility operations, team operations, artists and show management, business executives, law enforcement agencies, the NBA, as well as our retail and office tenants. The position also requires the management of the Parking and Traffic Demand Management departments to ensure efficient and safe operations around Chase Center for employees, patrons, and the community.
We are excited about our new arena and need to make this critical hire to ensure we are providing an unparalleled experience across our 11-acre complex. Do you want to join us in creating something new for the Bay Area? If so, then keep on reading!
As Vice President of Security, you will report to the General Manager of Chase Center and focus on the timely and accurate provision of a variety of safety and security services. To be successful, you will need to cultivate positive working relationships with city, state and government organizations (e.g. SFPD, SFMTA, SFFD, DHS, JTTF, USSS and FBI) to ensure effective communication, coordination and compliance with safety and security issues.
This is full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the safety and security of all Chase Center guests, employees, performers, public officials, Warriors players and personnel, executive management, high profile partners and client
- Lead all aspects of building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management using independent judgment, experience and personal initiative
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; develop and maintain Emergency Operating Plans coordinating regular updates and exercises
- Assess, develop and execute security strategies and plans as required to secure building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center and Loading Dock
- Run state of the art CCTV (Genetec), access control (AnyVision), facial recognition, radio communications and emergency responder systems (Pivot3)
- Coordinate the scheduling of off duty law enforcement and support the event security operations as needed
- Oversee internal and external security investigations
- Serve as primary security liaison for various security teams (GSW, NBA) regarding general and event day security matters; execute NBA Arena Security Procedures & Guidelines
- Develop and administer the Security department's annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Participate in any collective bargaining agreement negotiations and play an instrumental role in Chase Center labor management for both union and non-union work force
- Lead and maintain employee identification and access control systems
- Lead regular venue security and safety briefings with all partners and conduct annual Life Safety training
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to Chase Center security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate
- Interpret and apply city, state and federal policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Execute DHS Safety Act initiatives
- Lead all aspects of the purchasing and ordering of security related goods
- On-call 24/7, as needed and based on complex events and activities
- Oversee the Parking department to ensure viable parking options are available with a financially strategic approach and communicated to employees and patrons; provide a high level of customer service while meeting all city ordinances and policies
- Oversee the Transportation Demand Management department to ensure all city ordinances and policies are met through quality control of procedures and performance measures that contribute to a high level of customer service, appropriate implementation of alternative transportation incentive programs, and overall effectiveness and compliance of the TDM program
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration or related field
- 7 years of experience in the field of security, preferably in a multipurpose arena or similar environment; 5 years of progressive supervisory management experience in security with direct responsibility building, supervising and directing staffs across a wide-range of operating functions
- Deep understanding of operational characteristics, services and activities of live entertainment security and safety programs, crowd management and control techniques, principles of budget preparation and control, pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking and food & beverage operations
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling
- Experience collaborating with human resources, communications, legal and finance departments
- Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and mature manner with clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a dynamic environment with financial constraints
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional basketball and live entertainment
- Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment