*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Mark your calendar for our Vivint Arena Hiring Event!
SEPTEMBER 23rd - 25th
Thursday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Friday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Utah Jazz basketball is right around the corner and we are looking for great employees to join our team! As a part-time employee at Vivint Arena, you'll earn a competitive wage and an end-of-season bonus based on the number of hours you work. Part-time employees also enjoy free parking, a 40% discount at the Utah Jazz Team Store, and opportunities for free tickets to select Bees, Stars, Utah Jazz games, and Vivint Arena events. As an arena employee, you'll be invited to attend an exclusive on-court event just for our part-time staff. Come join the team with the best record in the NBA, Go Jazz!
Xperience Ambassadors: What is it we do? EVERYTHING! The job of an Xperience Ambassador is never ending. Our goal is to create a safe and welcoming environment that allows for our guests and staff to focus on the memories that are being created before them.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and exemplify the vision of our department!
- Scan tickets, screen guests, answer questions, and create enthusiasm
- Make your presence felt in your section. Let the crowd know you're a resource for the night
- Respond to and resolve concerns while upholding the highest standards of customer service and safety
- Being patient and focusing on your customers' needs
- Observe and report any suspicious activity to your immediate supervisor or management team
- Create as many positive Experiences as possible for guests and staff!
- As an Ambassador of our brand, present a professional, polished appearance
- Help create a safe and inviting environment all while following NBA standards!
- Know how to get help and where to find help - be it a ticketing issue, an unruly guest, a medical emergency, a major evacuation or simply where to find the restroom
- Own the responsibility of a clean and safe work environment for employees and guests
- Be respectful, be a good teammate and contribute positively to others
- Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in all areas and sections of the arena, according to the needs of the event
- Comfortable and willing to rotate through assignments, areas, and sections, as needed
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
- Ability to stay calm in an emergency or confrontational situation
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate optimally with guests and coworkers
- Utilize a computer or device with internet access and remain proficient in its use for scheduling and communication purposes
- Comfortable screening guests and employees entering the arena
- Ability to address guests and staff with an Xperience Management emphasis
- Must be able to follow verbal and written direction
- Access to reliable transportation and observe a 5:00 pm call time for most events
- Fantastic communication and social skills, including the ability to listen and deescalate tense situations
- Xperience Ambassadors must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- Ability to stand and walk for the entire shift, and intermittent climbing of stairs
- Carry boxes of handouts/programs, up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally move barriers and line holders
- Must stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist
- Handle, grasp or reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Majority of duties are performed in-house under controlled temperatures, occasionally some positions are located outside on Vivint Arena property
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in written form
- Ability to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.