The Building Security Officer is responsible for the security of Vivint Arena and Smith’s Ballpark. The Security Officer will learn and master all security systems in the building and apply this knowledge along with set security protocols to ensure the safe day to day operations of both properties.
Grave: Midnight - 8am
*All full-time and part-employees of Vivint Arena are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol areas at regular intervals to ensure that the properties are secure and safe
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
- Assist with VIP and/or event crew parking
- Assist with crowd flow
- Assist guests in emergency situations, which could include medical or evacuations
- Assist guests with special needs
- Monitor safety and security conditions in area
- Enforce arena safety and security rules and policies
- Complete required training successfully
- Be respectful of our guest's and employee's property during screening and searches
- Be responsible for ensuring all guests and employees are aware of arena policies as they pertain to safety
- Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities
- Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company
- Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
- Other duties as assigned
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Manages conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Instills trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm in highly stressful situations
- Able to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Maintain a professional appearance as set by Vivint Arena management
- Must have access to a computer with internet access and remain proficient in its use
- Ability to stand for the entire shift (55% Standing/Walking, 45% Stair Climbing)
- Frequent climbing of stairs, moving of barriers and boxes of handout materials up to 25 pounds
- Must stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; and talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, grasp or reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Majority of duties are performed in-house under controlled temperatures; some positions are in inclement areas or outside on Vivint Arena property
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- The person must be able to sit for long periods of time
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs
The Smith Entertaiment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and LHMSE reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.