The Conversion Foreman leads a team in activating overnight conversions at the Vivint Arena (an NBA arena) as specified by event setup plans. This position is responsible for preparing the arena for all events, including Utah Jazz basketball games, family shows, conventions, and concerts.
*All full-time and part-employees of Vivint Arena are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and remove NBA basketball court
- Set up and remove stage, risers, seating, tables, flooring, ice rink, etc. for various events
- Schedule operations crew, including full time, part time and temporary employees
- Repair and maintenance of retractable and permanent seats
- Supervise, motivate, lead and work alongside operations team members
- Effectively communicate work assignments to others
- Participate in and lead lock out/tag out procedures and other safety precautions
- Proactively use all safety mandates and teach others to do to the same
- Promote a safe and efficient work environment
- Strong desire to learn and be productive
- Available for event support, as needed
- Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Directs work – Provides direction, delegates, and removes obstacles to get work done.
- High School diploma
- 3-5 years of conversion experience, preferred
- Excellent safety record and work ethic
- Certified forklift operator required
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical riser system repair, preferred
- Complete knowledge of operations procedures to facilitate changeovers
- Ability to work long hours and varied schedules (majority overnight conversions)
- Must be self-motivated and work under little supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most productive and/or appropriate manner
- Intermittent bending, walking, standing, twisting, and climbing stairs and ladders
- Position requires the ability to see, reach, talk, hear and feel
- Moderate levels of stress may be associated with this position
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess
- This person must be able to lift 50-75 lbs. unaided
- Interact in a tactful and friendly matter to patrons and other employees
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.