The primary responsibility of the Box Office Attendant is to provide guests with a positive initial experience at the Vivint Arena and Smith’s Ballpark. The Box Office Attendant will aid guests with accurate event information and help them purchase and/or pickup tickets to events. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees to maintain an elevated level of guest service.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide all guests with a positive first impression of the Vivint Arena and Smith’s Ballpark by offering superior, individualized guest service
- Accurately operate the computer ticketing system to sell tickets to events
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets
- Provide information regarding Vivint Arena events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone
- Navigate multiple apps, including but not limited to Ticketmaster and the Utah Jazz app on smartphones and other mobile devices
- Provide superior customer service to all internal clients
- Assist with miscellaneous box office projects as directed
- Observe safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Consistently arrive to work on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities
- Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Customer Focus – Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Manages Conflict – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
- Manages Complexity – Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations
- Tech Savvy – Readily learns and adopts new technologies
- Ability to communicate positively with guests to identify their needs efficiently and courteously
- Ability to develop a growing knowledge of a digital ticketing system
- Strong knowledge of mobile technology
- Ability to think quickly, handle real-time issues and present solutions
- Ability to handle cash responsibly and accurately
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to alphabetize tickets accurately
- Prior cash handling experience, preferred
- Prior customer service experience, preferred
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to occasionally lift 20 lbs
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion
- Position requires working varied hours on evenings, weekends and holidays
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.