Come be a part of the innovative team responsible for entertaining thousands of fans at every home Utah Jazz game. This role is an important part of executing a world class show. This will be a great opportunity for creative individuals that share a passion for entertainment production. This team of Production Assistants will assist the Game Presentation staff with various contesting elements, as well as supporting the Jazz entertainment staff and guest performers. This team represents the Utah Jazz brand by interacting directly with fans during the entire Jazz game night.
Seasonal, part time, paid position. Will work a combination of: 41 Regular games plus Preseason & Playoff games. Some rehearsals will be mandatory.
All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Director of Production, Director of Entertainment and Mascot Assistant.
- Assist in the execution of all game night contests and promotions including the selection of contestants, explanation of promotion concepts and execution of all required waivers.
- Maintain accountability for pre and post-game production checklist to ensure all props, prizes, and production elements are game ready.
- Must be able to operate event technology and production elements.
- Maintain inclusivity of all fans and demographics and assist with answering questions, taking pictures and videos, ensuring a superior fan experience.
- Observe crowd and the environment for any safety issues and respond appropriately as needed
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Cultivates innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Creative thinker – Thinks out of the box to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Must be available to meet at 4pm on game nights (7pm tip off)
- Must be available for 1pm production call (Zoom) on home game days.
- Superior attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Must have a positive, friendly attitude in order to engage and excite fans
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to simultaneously handle numerous tasks
- Perform under tight time schedules
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be available to work all Utah Jazz home games with the understanding that
scheduling will be on a rotation basis.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.