The Partner Success & Experience Account Manager will help manage corporate partner relationships and fulfill on inventory sold by the sales teams. Inventory assets include promotional programs, media, digital, community relations, hospitality, and other marketing programming. The position includes account management and activation responsibilities for local, regional and national corporate partners for the Smith Entertainment Group including Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, SLC Stars, Vivint Arena, Jazz Gaming and The Zone Sports Radio Network. Please apply through the external link.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations, activation, and development of assigned
corporate partnership accounts (includes activation of all partnership assets)
- Establish strong working relationships with current partners and have a clear
understanding of their individual marketing and business goals and initiatives.
- Ensure all the organization’s corporate partners receive world class customer
- Manage and maintain CRM system to help drive sales, track activation, and
streamline business processes.
- Maintain and grow partner relationships through regular touchpoints
- Participate in prospect ideation, strategy, and planning sessions
- Manage both internal and external partner expectations on processes, timelines,
approvals, and deadlines.
- Attend and participate in weekly departmental, activation, and operations
meetings as assigned.
- Execute annual sponsorship recap.
- Responsible for directly contributing to overall department revenue goals by
assisting with assigned partnership renewals and upsell opportunities.
- Work closely with all departments (i.e., marketing, media, basketball operations,
digital, etc.) within the organization necessary to ensure fulfillment of clients’
- Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative
means including but not limited to: networking events, speaking engagements,
one-on-one dinners / lunches, seat visits at games, and outside meetings.
- Communicate well across all areas of the organization.
- Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed,
valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared
Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a
clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory
information to effectively solve problems
Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency,
high energy and enthusiasm
Ensures accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
Instills trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and
- Minimum two years experience in partnership marketing/service, brand marketing, sponsor
marketing, sports property, agency, event marketing, advertising and/or promotion
- A record of successfully providing client service and contractual fulfillment for multiple accounts
with a history of delivering a return on their investment
- Experience in CRM, Blinkfire, Ticketmaster preferred
- Excellent written and oral and in person communication skills
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Fast paced, dynamic department
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any
revised job description.