*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Utah Jazz is looking for an experienced Motion Designer with a passion for basketball & kinetic type to join their creative team. As a motion designer at the Utah Jazz, you'll be creating animations for all touch points of the brand, including in-arena game presentation, broadcast, social, and more. You will be collaborating with other members of the creative team to concept, design, and execute animations for events & general use throughout the season & offseason. Please apply through the external link.
*Please submit your website and/or reel with your application*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concept & execute motion elements for use across the brand
- Propose ideas, and iterate based on feedback
- Execute deliverables for different uses based on given creative direction
- Work within the brand language, while understanding when it's appropriate to "push" it
- Manage your projects through to delivery
- Engage with the creative team to share research & new ideas
- Identify gaps in current assets, and suggest alternatives
- Keep up to date on current trends & relevant technical innovations
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2-4 years of previous experience as a Motion Designer, or a body of work that reflects an equivalent experience
- Knowledge of After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, & Premiere Pro is required
- Familiarity with Expressions within After Effects is preferred
- Experience with Cinema4D, Blender, and/or Houdini is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented, and able to execute under tight deadlines
- Strong typographic eye
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is preferred but not required
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.