In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships leads a team of account managers representing the sponsorship and advertising properties of Smith Entertainment Group. The position is accountable as the primary contact for certain key accounts and relationships for the organization and may also be tasked to oversee and track the sales efforts and progress of one of the various properties within the organization. The position requires positive communication, creativity, and coordination of efforts with various departments throughout the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually teach account managers new and better ways of doing business
- Manage, train, and lead a diverse team of account managers – including staffing, training, business development, relationship management, negotiating, budgeting, and reporting
- Lead account managers to hit organization and property targets
- Work with Vice President to coordinate sales efforts across all Smith Entertainment Group properties
- Lead account managers in creating new and incremental revenue
- Oversee and track sales progress toward property goals
- Collaborate on inventory management with traffic department and inventory management specialist
- Collaborate on pricing strategies with inventory management specialist
- Work with the sales management team and entity heads to ensure property success in hitting sales targets
- Support account managers to encourage cross-selling of all Smith Entertainment Group properties
- Collaborate with account management team to develop sales packages and strategies
- Provide direction and support in the development of necessary sales materials
- Collaborate with account management team and sales peers to create new and innovative inventory offerings
- Encourage and lead creative selling processes
- Work across departments and with other department heads
- Develop and implement effective sales and incentive programs
- Work with account management team on incentive trip programs
- Create ongoing sales incentive programs to drive revenue and motivate sales team
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Ensures accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Develops talent – Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Business insight – Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Cultivates innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Strategic mindset – Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience
- Proven experience in previous sales management positions
- Sports sponsorship, media, or equivalent sales experience preferred
- Strong leadership and training skills
- Proven ability to work well across multiple departments within complex organizations
- Strong character and work ethic
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.