*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
*Please apply through the external link*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the coaching staff to grow existing, state-of-the-art tools to transform raw basketball data sources into actionable insights for decision-making.
- Assist the coaching staff with on court drills and/or individual workouts by rebounding, passing and/or playing defense.
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Cultivates innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Decision quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Education in computer programming, software development, etc.
- Education or experience in the design and implementation of ETL processes, APIs and other data processing scripts (ideally, in Python).
- Education or experience in the design and implementation of SQL-based solutions over relational databases (ideally, having used SQLAlchemy or other ORMs).
- Education or experience in the design and development of front-end interfaces using modern client-side scripting development frameworks (ideally, Svelte; but experience in React, Angular, Vue, etc. will be valued).
- Strong interest in developing an understanding of basketball data sources, and the process of transforming them into basketball insights, critically assessing those, and implementing them on the court into actual basketball actions and decisions.
- Self-starting, curious individual – with a focus on team success and personal growth.
- The responsibilities of this position are best served and enjoyed working on-site in Salt Lake City. However, we remain open-minded to the possibility of remote work arrangements based on certain circumstances.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.