*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "Apply Now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Chief Experience Officer is a member of the executive team and serves as a public-facing representative of the Utah Jazz throughout the community. The CXO is responsible for ensuring an excellent end-to-end experience for guests, partners, and employees of the organizations. The CXO elevates the employee, fan, and partner experience by facilitating cross-functional collaboration and empowering employees to make customer-centric decisions. This role leads all diversity and inclusion initiatives within the organization and the community. The CXO partners with the People and Culture department, with a shared responsibility to develop and implement strategies to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Experience Management at the Utah Jazz and Vivint Arena, ensuring an excellent end-to-end guest, partner, and employee experience.
- Provide strategic leadership and support to the Guest Services, Public Safety, and Parking teams to develop programs and initiatives that enhance the guest experience.
- Partner with Levy (food services at the arena) to support business operations and elevate the food and beverage experience.
- Oversee programs to collect, analyze, and act on customer feedback. Determine customer satisfaction and provide data-driven recommendations that drive business strategy and enhance the guest experience.
- Lead diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Utah Jazz by integrating DE&I best practices into the business strategy of the organization.
- Serve as a public facing representative of the Utah Jazz to champion the DE&I initiatives of the organization across the state and beyond.
- Partner with the People & Culture team to enhance the employee experience, oversee DE&I initiatives that improve training, recruiting, talent management, and employee engagement.
- Cultivate relationships in both the professional sports world and business communities to build diverse vendor relationships and create internal and external networking opportunities.
- Champion the guest perspective in the delivery of the guest and fan experience at Vivint Arena.
- Lead the Youth Programs team to support and enhance the Jr. Jazz basketball experience, grow the network through new and expanded relationships, and identify areas where Jr. Jazz can drive positive change.
- Design and support programs that reinforce the Vivint Arena Common Purpose of enriching lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience; at least five years of relevant senior-level experience in a diversity-specific role and/or Human Capital consulting capacity with solid knowledge and working experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives, change management, strategy development and leadership programs.
- Ability to collaborate with key partners to gain their commitment and support.
- Expertise in building sustainable business relationships with all levels of leaders and business partners through trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Proven team leadership, coaching and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work an event-based schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Smith Entertainment Group reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.