In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, are looking for a part-time team Bus Driver. The bus driver will be responsible for transporting the Stars and/or visiting team throughout the Salt Lake Valley, including to/from the SLC airport, team hotel and/or arena in team-issued shuttle bus pending team schedule. This position is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment in the professional sports industry.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying personal, medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operating team-issued shuttle bus following standard operating procedures and assume responsibility for the safety of customers and equipment
- Provide teams with prompt, reliable, and customer-service oriented experience throughout the door-to-door process
- Report for assigned shift on time and meet schedule demands
- Perform standard pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections and communicate any concerns to supervisors immediately
- Safety and customer service are the top priority! Assume responsibility for the safety of teams and equipment
- Perform essential functions with confidence
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- At least 21 years of age
- A safe driver who possesses a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drugs within the past 10 years
- Must know how to load/unload passengers, respond to emergencies and other tasks specific to carrying passengers
- Strong knowledge of the roadways of the Salt Lake City market
- Dependable and prompt
- Ability to work well under pressure and troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and approach
- Highly organized and team-oriented
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Utah Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Required to talk and hear consistently
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.