In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position will be a progressive look at various accounting responsibilities throughout SEG entities over an extended period of time.
*All full-time and part-time employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying personal, medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the accounts payable/accounts receivable process as assigned including vendor invoices, credit card reconciliations, and management of AP aging, depositing, and recording payments, etc.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Involvement in monthly close process including account reconciliations and financial statement review.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Assist with other reporting and ad hoc analysis as assigned.
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
- Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
Communicates Effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Interpersonal Savvy- Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Customer Focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Detail Oriented- very interested in and paying a lot of attention to details
Organizational Savvy- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting
- Available to work during school semester and over summer months
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.