In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Customer Strategy & Experience is responsible for tracking and assessing Vivint Arena patron experiences, relaying sentiments of fans and developing initiatives to help curate meaningful operational practices for arena events. The director provides strategic guidance and direction to staff to assist in creating company-wide objectives to improve customer experience. They are responsible for conducting research to better understand customer behavior and preferences to increase overall customer satisfaction and build brand loyalty. This position reports to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the CXO to create tailored solutions to improve customer satisfaction across all related properties
- Create and execute opportunities to gather customer research across all event touchpoints and interactions
- Use analytics (numbers and statistics) to properly assess data and draw conclusions
- Gather feedback, such as surveys, from customers to learn more about their experiences, behavior and preferences
- Collect, analyze and summarize customer data to help the company make well-informed business decisions
- Act as the voice of the customer within the organization
- Expand the impact of strategic initiatives by identifying improvement opportunities to elevate customer experience across different lines of business
- Work cross-functionally across the organization on customer journey mapping initiatives
- Build policies and procedures that create mechanisms for driving improvement on customer experience across the organization
- Motivate staff members to meet company goals and push for CX success
- Be a partner with the NBA customer experience team and a leader of information for CX within the industry
- Participate in special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Drives engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Manages conflict - Handles conflict situations effectively and fairly, with a minimum of disruption
Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 10 + years of experience in customer solutions, market research, customer experience, customer engagement, customer advocacy or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with relational database applications preferred
- Understanding of market research and analytics and ability to translate to initiatives and action
- Understanding of behavioral science and developing strategy
- Familiarity with Qualtrics software
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Proficient in Google Workspace
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves effectively
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.