The Salt Lake Bees, AAA affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels and home to the University of Utah Baseball team, are seeking the ideal candidate to fill the role of Manager of Field Operations. The hire will work in collaboration with both the Director of Field Operations and Senior Manager of Field Operations in all aspects of planning, budgeting, and maintaining the playing surface for the Salt Lake Bees, the University of Utah, and all other on-field events. Considerable effort is made to facilitate the hire’s personal and professional growth. The intent is to prepare and support the hire for the next step in advancing their career.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Salt Lake Bees are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully take on a leadership role in the absence of the Director or Senior Manager
- Effectively acclimate and train seasonal and part-time employees
- Assist in management of part-time employees including scheduling and task assignments.
- Assist with all day-to-day practices concerning the turf, skin, mound, plate, bullpens, warning track, fertilizer application, etc.
- Assist with upkeep of the grounds shop, field tools, and equipment
- Other duties as assigned based on the hire’s growth and proficiencies
- Off-season duties (approximately November – January, 30 hours per week on average) including but not limited to:
- Assist with preparing outside landscape for winter
- Assist with snow removal of external grounds and coordinating snow removal as needed
- Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Ensures accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- High level of motivation to advance in the industry
- Strong desire to learn and take on added responsibility
- Ability to multitask and complete assigned duties in an efficient manner according to the standards set by the Director of Field Operations
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to be creative and proactive in the approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with Bees management, coaches, event staff, and coworkers
- Experience with irrigation practices, troubleshooting, and repair is preferred but not required
- Experience with equipment maintenance is preferred but not required
- Completion of a turf certification or degree is preferred but not required. Emphasis is placed on the above attributes and relevant work experience.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Smith Entertainment Group reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.